Senior consultant with proven experience in Financial Planning and Analysis
Preston Flowers is a highly successful financial planning and analysis professional with over 20 years of experience in retail finance. He brings extensive experience in budgeting, analytics, modeling, and financial system development across all areas of the business. As a personable and approachable problem solver, he focuses on developing and implementing programs and systems to support financial strategies. Preston manages each project with strong attention to detail, outstanding leadership and communication skills, and ability to produce top quality results in a deadline driven environment.
- Palo Alto Networks – Solution Architect
- Worked as an Anaplan solution architect building out strategic finance P&L and 3-year driver-based strategy models. Developed complex expense and cost of goods allocations across multiple products, cost centers, and accounts. Published visual planning scenarios, variance analysis, and allocation breakdown dashboards connecting the organization to fully allocated plans.
- Dollar General Corporation – Senior Director, FP&A
- Led the development and implementation of the Anaplan Finance Roadmap, including implementing retail inventory method gross margin and warehouse/logistics expense models leveraging the Anaplan Connected Planning technology platform.
- Responsible for process redesign and implementation of a series of Anaplan applications to support corporate Expense Planning/Forecasting. This included headcount planning for approximately 1,200 Corporate employees, to drive Payroll and Payroll Fees. Also supported Net Income and CapEx modeling and forecasting.
- Led strategic budgeting and forecasting for areas including sales, gross margin, SG&A, warehouse/logistics expense, and capital expenditures.