Delivers process and technology solutions
Michael Wright has 20+ years in consulting, primarily in retail/CPG, with a focus on process and technology best practices in performance management, merchandise, financial and operational planning, merchandising and supply chain. Mr. Wright also spent 10 years leading enterprise retail systems development.
- Global CPG Company – Asia Pacific
- Managed the agile deployment of Zero Based Budgeting (ZBB) in 10 subsidiaries (across 13 countries), realizing indirect spend savings of hundreds of $millions. Delivered process improvements across 60+ sub-categories (inc. Travel, Technology, Marketing, Brand Building, Facilities). Responsible for requirements gathering, design, deployment, change management, user training and capability building
- Retek (Oracle Retail) – VP Development/VP Sourcing
- Built and managed teams of up to 200 employees delivering multiple releases of Retek’s merchandising, merchandise and assortment planning, replenishment, forecasting, and related solutions. Suite deployed in multiple retail verticals – Grocery, Fashion, Specialty, and Department Stores. Accountable for P&L, hiring, staff development, delivery, and support. Built product line supporting Retek valuation of $400m at time of Oracle acquisition. Managed 3rd party relationships with partners such as Accenture, to aid delivery of customer funded development initiatives
- Comshare – Director
- Consulted on and implemented merchandise planning at multiple retailers