Highly motivated business integration & transformation leader
David Denenberg held strategic leadership roles at Bed Bath & Beyond, Footlocker, and Macy’s including responsibilities in Merchandise Financial Planning, eCommerce / DTC, Vendor Relations / AP, Quality Assurance & Safety, Import Operations, Supply Chain, and Business Analytics. He specializes in tackling complex challenges, improving productivity, and delivering excellence. An expert in business process optimization, David directed the modernization and implementation of operational, financial, merchandising, and analytical systems. His ability to collaborate cross-functionally and empower high-performing teams in an omni-channel retail environment aided in driving both top and bottom-line results.
- Bed Bath & Beyond – Vice President
- Reported to CFO with dotted line to President and Chief Merchandising Officer
- Merchandise Financial Planning – Oversaw $11B open to buy for North America & Mexico. Established framework to forecast revenue & inventory targets.
- Financial Control | AP – Provided strategic direction for integrating process efficiencies, SOX controls, and organizational restructuring of trade payables. Refined systems to optimize back-end support for 8k+ vendors and 20 mil invoices
- Created DTC Business – Oversaw market strategy, supply chain function, and P&L from inception of DTC business. Drove sales and margin initiatives by category, vendor, and channel.
- Merchandise Control – Established corporate governance for merchandise financial planning. Presented strategic plans to CEO/CFO. Formalized merchandise planning process combined with BI tools.
- Quality Assurance | Import Operations – Developed oversight of enterprise-level QA and safety, including all aspects of global supply chain for import operations. Engaged 3rd party testing lab in the development of protocols and workflow tracking.
- Footlocker – Vice President
- Established Merchandise Planning for Lady/Kids Footlocker. Implemented i2 Planning for enterprise
- Macy’s East – Vice President
- Held various roles in merchandising and was part of team to stand up a centralized MP&A division