As new channels of distribution became available, retailers quickly pivoted to leverage them to maximize sales. This often resulted in an inability to create one view of the customer.
Building a unified approach to commerce allows for a single source of truth from which every area of the business can seamlessly engage with individual shoppers.
5 critical Unified Commerce components:
- Store experience
- Digital experience
- Order management
- Customer service
- Clean and centralize your master data
- Implement a single platform to integrate systems
- Create an organizational structure aligned with a customer-centric approach
- Adopt a cross-functional business model with shared KPIs
Kate Gorman, Board Chair and Partner, Columbus Consulting International
* Republished with permission from Retail Today.