Rick McPhillips is an Alliance with Columbus Consulting. Rick has spent over 30 years in retail merchandise management and consulting related to merchandising processes and software. His areas of functional specialization include Merchandise Planning, Store Planning, Allocation and Assortment Planning. Rick has also assisted a number of retailers in system selection projects in these areas.
Prior to joining Columbus in 2005, Rick was Director of Professional Services – Planning and Allocation – at the NSB Group (now Epicor) for 6 years. While at NSB, Rick and his team helped optimize planning and allocation business processes at many of the top North American retailers. Prior to that, Rick worked in the European office of Island Pacific, serving both in sales and consulting roles.
- Guided Merchandise Planning, Assortment Planning and Allocation system selections for a specialty retailer.
- Implemented MID Allocation for a specialty retailer.
- Designed and implemented JDA Advanced Allocation for North American and European channels of a global multi-channel brand.
- Guided Merchandise Planning system selection and implemented JDA Enterprise Planning for a specialty apparel retailer.
- Designed JDA Advanced Allocation for a global multi-channel brand.
- Reviewed effectiveness, efficiency, and risks associated with allocation processes for in-house based allocation system for a specialty apparel retailer.
- Designed and implemented NSB Merchandise Planning System for off-price retailer.
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Ralph Lauren
- Urban Outfitters
- Michael Kors USA
- Brooks Brothers
- Hot Topic
- Stein Mart
- J. McLaughlin
- Tommy Hilfiger
- The Children’s Place
- The Disney Store
- Wet Seal
- Burlington Coat Factory
- Life Uniform
- Manhattan Associates
Education and Certification
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania – BS