Melissa Boone is a Partner with Columbus Consulting where her focus includes strategic planning, functional and business process design, system implementation and training. Melissa is an expert in JDA solutions with her functional expertise in Merchandise and Assortment Planning as well as Replenishment and Allocation. Melissa has been heavily involved with JDA Special Interest Groups (SIGs) for more than 10 years, enabling a wealth of ideas and knowledge to be built from best practices in the retail industry. She served on the JDA User Group Executive Committee and the Allocation SIG Chair for two terms each. Melissa has been a presenter for JDA’s CONNECT, JDA FOCUS and is an embedded executive with NYC Fashion Institute of Technology (F.I.T.).
Prior to joining Columbus, Melissa’s retail career included working for Lane Bryant, a division of Charming Shoppes, Inc. (now Ascena Retail Group) and Victoria’s Secret of Limited Brands, Inc.
- Conducted allocation feasibility study for department store chain.
- Designed and implemented Oracle RPAS Store Planning, Assortment Planning and Allocation for department store chain.
- Implementation support for Assortment Planning, JDA Allocation and advanced allocation algorithms for global multi-channel brand.
- Conducted business process review, provided implementation support and provided training for a specialty apparel retailer’s JDA Allocation implementation.
- Conducted business process optimization, JDA Allocation upgrade and training for specialty apparel retailer.
- Business process design, system implementation and training for JDA Allocation implementation for a global multi-channel brand.
- Business process optimization of allocation solution for specialty shoe retailer.
- Business process review and system design, implementation and integration of Allocation for a specialty apparel retailer.
- Full scope JDA Allocation implementation for global multi-channel brand’s retail division.
- NYC Fashion Institute of Technology: Embedded executive during Allocation classes each year; support student classes for JDA Allocation.
- Custom Allocation and Replenishment processes and system implementation for global multi-channel brand’s retail division.
- Brown Shoe
- Calvin Klein, PVH Corp.
- Century 21 Department Stores
- Christopher & Banks
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- New York & Company
- Ralph Lauren
- Saks Incorporated
- Vera Bradley
- Osh Kosh B’Gosh – Retail
Education and Certification
The Ohio State University – BSBA
Project Management Institute – Member