Lorraine White is a Principal with Columbus Consulting. Lorraine has over 25 years of experience in retail merchandising, consulting, and software design. She has deep domain expertise in retail merchandising specifically in the areas of; merchandise planning, store planning, assortment planning, and inventory management. Lorraine has worked with many of the world’s largest retailers of apparel, consumables and hard lines to define best practice merchandising processes as well as to select and deliver appropriate software solutions to increase efficiencies and profitability. Effective at all levels of an organization, her expertise ranges from high level strategic analysis and recommendations to more tactical solution implementations requiring detailed functional specifications, testing and training.
- Designed and implemented Assortment Planning for a division of an off-price department store.
- Defined strategic and better practices for the merchandising organization of a specialty apparel retailer.
- Evaluated current merchandising processes and tools with follow up selection and implementation of supporting solutions for a multi-channel brand.
- Implemented improved planning organization and processes for a specialty CPG retailer.
- Designed and implemented a merchandise planning solution for a specialty retailer.
- Conducted selection process for a merchandise, store planning and item planning solution for a specialty retailer.
- Conducted extensive research into market requirements for Assortment Planning, prototyped and designed initial software version for a leading software vendor.
- Responsible for all aspects of planning and inventory management across several departments for UK apparel retailers.
- Sam’s Club
- Hot Topic
- The Disney Store
- Wilsons Leather
Education and Certification
University of Nottingham- BA
Institute of Marketing – diploma