John Phillips is a Partner with Columbus Consulting. He has over 24 years experience implementing retail merchandising, accounting, planning and store systems across a wide variety of platforms and databases. John’s work experience includes Program and Project Management, Retail Store Management, IT Operations and IT Transition Planning services.
Prior to joining Columbus in 2006, John was the Director of Business Development for JDA Software Group Hosting Services Unit where he was responsible for marketing, sales and operations. Prior to this, John held various IT and business leadership positions over a 9-year career with Limited Brands, including Victoria’s Secret Stores, Internal Audit, and Limited Technology Services.
- Enhanced customer loyalty programs, for an off-price retailer that included upgrades to website, POS, Data Warehouse and web applications.
- Implemented JDA Assortment Planning application across a multi-brand specialty apparel retailer and resolved issues with the existing Merchandise Planning system.
- Designed and implemented Merchandise Planning, Assortment Planning & Size Profile processes & systems a UK division of a large off-price department store.
- Developed IT transition plan for a spin-off of a specialty apparel retailer. Implemented non-merchandise procurement, Travel & Expense and Loss Prevention systems.
- Developed cloud computing for Vendor Managed Replenishment solution while at a leading software company.
- Directed Application Development for 3 years for a multi-banner retailer. Projects included core merchandise systems, point of sale and human resource management.
- Big Lot Stores
- Chico’s FAS
- Exel Inc
- JEP Communications
Education and Certification
Bowling Green State University – BA