Jim Henderson is a Partner with Columbus Consulting. Jim has deep IT experience in retail, eCommerce and Direct Selling. He has held operational leadership positions within the retail and manufacturing sectors that have included senior procurement, production management, distribution/logistics management, and demand planning responsibilities. He is certified in Tradestone and is well versed in various distribution, planning, and business intelligence functions.
Prior to joining Columbus, Jim held various positions such as; Executive Director of Business Strategy and Executive Director of Operations at Thirty-One Gifts, Director of Merchandise Operations and Control at CVS Pharmacy, Executive Director of Supply Chain Technology with The Longaberger Company, and Director of Supply Chain Systems with The Limited.
- Implemented Assortment Planning and MicroStrategy Reporting for a specialty apparel retailer.
- Developed new product development calendarization and IT road map for a specialty retailer.
- Program managed TradeStone software implementations for specialty and specialty apparel retailers.
- Implemented a Size selling solution for the retail division of a shoe retailer.
- Program managed the eCommerce solution for a major shoe retailer.
- Conducted analytics around core programs for customer rewards, distribution demand management and food stamps for an off-price retailer.
- Program managed the implementation of a 3PL solution for a specialty apparel retailer.
- Program managed the implementation of Assortment Planning, Merchandise Planning, and Size Profiling for the largest retailer and two of its international divisions.
- Ann Taylor
- Bear Stearns & Co.
- Big Lot Stores
- David’s Bridal
- Guitar Center
Education and Certification
BS in Industrial Management from Carnegie Mellon University
APICs certified (not current) as a CPIM